Model Continuation School for the state of California
The mission of Marin Oaks is to provide a personalized learning environment that fosters a collaborative culture, focusing on credit recovery and academics to help build the bridge to post-secondary education.
• regain lost credits
• earn a high school diploma
Excel at Academics
• be able to think critically and apply information, knowledge, and skills to solve problems in an academic environment and a professional work setting
• become lifelong learners who have defined plans for the future
• demonstrate competency in all 6 Cs (Communication, Conscientious Learner, Collaboration, Critical Thinking, Cultural Competence, and Character) as part of their Graduate Profile
• be prepared for success in a post-secondary setting by demonstrating the ability to use written and oral English language effectively
• contribute to the community through participation in internships and volunteer services
• learn to manage time effectively by demonstrating punctuality and excellent attendance
• be held accountable for their own actions by adhering to the Marin Oaks Commitment to Excellence
• learn to make healthy choices by participating in one or more of the Marin Oaks after-school enrichment and wellness programs
• transition successfully into Marin Oaks by demonstrating improvements in academics, attendance, and participation
• earn access to reward programs (e.g. College Club) by demonstrating hard work, responsibility, and academic improvements
PRINCIPAL KESSA EARLY
2019 ADMINISTRATOR OF THE YEAR ACSA REGION 4
B.A. IN SOCIOLOGY, MINOR IN PSYCHOLOGY SONOMA STATE UNIVERSITY
M.A. IN EDUCATIONAL ADMINISTRATION SONOMA STATE UNIVERSITY
MCSAA OUTSTANDING HIGH SCHOOL ADMINISTRATOR 2011
District III CCEA ADMINISTRATOR OF THE YEAR 2016
Hello, families and community members!
Welcome to the 2019-2020 school year!
As I begin my twelfth year as the administrator of Alternative Education in Novato, I am filled with excitement as our District continues to emphasize the Graduate Profile, focusing on 21st Century Learning and the 6 Cs. Twenty-first century learning emphasizes the growth of the whole student—not only content knowledge, but also a variety of skills. These life skills contribute to competitiveness in a global economy; healthy lifestyles; and a well-informed, productive citizenry. At the Hill Education Center, every staff member from every program is passionate about education, strongly believing that all students can be successful. Every senior is expected to complete a Project Based Learning presentation, and will have an opportunity to present these projects to our community at PBL Exhibition Night on May 7, 2020 (seniors). I believe the home/school partnership is critical to a positive educational experience. Parents can do their part by sending us well-rested students who realize that school is, first and foremost, a place for learning. Our job, in turn, is to provide a safe, supportive environment; identify and develop strengths; and address concerns so all of our students can experience success.
Hill Education Center offers a number of enrichment programs for all students. Bridges, one of the most comprehensive programs offered, is for students who are interested in learning soft skills, taking college courses, and earning units toward a certificate in a vocation of their choice. To learn more about Bridges, please contact the front office and inquire about the application process. Beginning in September, every family should receive an eNewsletter from Hill Education Center. If you are not on the mailing list, please contact the front office to be added. The newsletter will include important updates about the Graduate Profile, growth mindset, college information and tours, internship opportunities, and many more items.
On a personal note, I have strong connections to this community.
I grew up in Novato, graduated from Novato High School, and returned to Novato High as a teacher in 2002. I absolutely love Novato and enjoy raising my children here.
Thank you for your support and partnership in helping to ensure that all students are prepared for post-secondary education and beyond. I look forward to another successful school year.
Set in the rolling hills of Novato, Marin Oaks High boasts a beautiful campus with spectacular views of nature, a vibrant campus, and welcoming staff. We hope you’ll take the time to visit our community and see everything that Marin Oaks High has to offer!